Sunday, July 02, 2006

Homecoming


Last night was Liam's homecoming. We could have stayed for one final night (Saturday night) before we were booted, but Tara and I figured it would be a rough first night whether it was Saturday or Sunday. So we came home.

It was a pretty long night - mostly for Tara. His feeding is still pretty erratic, and Tara was having a hard time feeding in the dark. So she ended up moving down to the couch, which I think is a favorite place to nurse.

But the first night is under our belts, which feels nice. And I don't want to think about all the nights to come and be quickly overwhelmed. It's enough to listen to him breathe and enjoy these moments of quiet when he's swaddled and asleep and deep in our arms.

Oh, and I know I promised the full story on the marathon labor and delivery - I mean, really, you guys are begging for it, right? Soon...