Tuesday, July 25, 2006

First real bath and first day on our own

Liam was finally able to take his first real bath on Sunday. We had been waiting for his cord to dry up and fall off and it finally did. I was beginning to get a little concerned that he was going to hate water. Before his cord fell off we had to give him a sponge bath and he hated it. It was very exciting to see that when we put him in his little tub he loved the water. Normally he cries when he is naked but he was perfectly happy in the water. I can't wait to be able to take him swimming. I want this kid to be a water baby.

Yesterday was my first day alone with Liam. It will be interesting to see what kind of a schedule we can work out. It took us a really long time to get ourselves together but we finally made it out of the house for a walk around 1:00 pm. I was keeping close track of how much he ate yesterday and it turns out he ate about five times before we left the house. It seems like he does the majority of his eating in the morning and slows down in the afternoon. I have a feeling that the afternoons will be our best chance to get out and about. When we finally did make it out yesterday we went downtown. I got a book and we took it to the village green to read for a bit. It is so funny to see how drawn to babies people are. So many people will stop and ask to see Liam. It seems that wee little babies are people magnets.

Mike and I took another walk when he came home from work. It was a beautiful night for sitting by the water.

No comments: