Thursday, July 06, 2006

Taking it easy and playing tourist

We decided that we would take yesterday easy as we had had Liam all over the town in his first 5 days. So, Mom and I relaxed most of the morning and just let Liam do his own thing. He seemed to want to eat all morning long. Before I knew it it was two and I was still in my p.j.'s. He had his first time on his little playmat and he seemed to love it. He just hung out there taking in all of his toys. He seemed particularly fond of the ladybug. He also seems to really love books. I am not sure if that is really possible at such a young age but he sits so contentedly when any of us read to him. His eyes scan the book and then he will gaze up in our eyes. It is enough to make my heart melt each and every time. We also try to play a bunch of music for him. He is very fond of a recording we have of Mike O singing to him. We of course also sing to him. Mike loves to sing to him and I have heard everything from Bob Dylan to camp songs. I think I could sit and listen to Mike sing to little Liam all day long.

Mike had to go into work for a bit yesterday. When he came home we decided to go play tourist and check out the Queen Mary 2, which was in for the day. It is the largest cruise ship and it is a sight to behold. I think it holds about four thousand people, which is about half the population of all of Mount Desert Island. Liam was of course very impressed by the sight of such a large ship.

Liam actually let me sleep for about 3 and a half hours straight last night. It feels so good to have just that extra little bit of sleep. I won't count on such a good nights sleep on any regular basis but I am feeling grateful for it this morning.

Thanks to everyone who is leaving comments. It is great to know that Liam has so many people interested in his little week old life.

No comments: