Monday, July 03, 2006

Big Day Out

Liam has had some big days out. Yesterday we went to Bangor to pick Mom up at the airport. After we picked her up Liam had his first experience at Target and Kohls. We also went for dinner so he is becoming so wordly already.

Today we had a follow up appt. at the hospital. Liam has gained back a half an ounce since leaving the hospital on Saturday. He left the hospital at 7 lbs 2 oz. and now is up to 7 lbs 2.5 oz. He has been eating like a champ so I guess that is working for him. He did keep me up almost all night eating or as I learned today he was really just snacking. I learned some ways to make sure that he really eats his fill with each nursing so that he will sleep longer at night. Hopefully that will work tonight.

After leaving the hospital we went to lunch. We have run into many people we know in town and everyone comments on how beautiful he is. I can't say that I disagree.

Tomorrow he will have another big day. We will attend the 4th of July parade in town, attend a barbeque, and then hopefully see the fireworks. Not sure how he will do with the loud noises but we will try to figure out some way to muffle the sounds for him.
Liam's first 4th of July should be a pretty good time for all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing day for you all!! I feel so fortunate that I have been able not only to hold little Liam, but also to give his parents hugs. You are loved!