Friday, June 30, 2006

Hello Papa! Hello Mama!



Well, he's here. A week and a day early - quite unexpected (at least for dad). Just the quick details and a few pictures. The hospital does not have Internet access, and I only have a few minutes at home before tasking myself on more pressing matters.

It was a long labor - ~24 hours in total. He was born at 2 am on Thursday, June 29. After he arrived, we decided he looked just like a Liam Joseph, so that's what we named him - Mr. Liam Joseph McKernan - weighing in at a 7 lbs 9.5 oz and 21 inches long. None of those numbers were ever significant for me until I realize that every ounce and inch counts for the mom who is passing this little person outside of her body. Tara was a studette.

The full story later when we get back from the hospital. Suffice to say that Liam is fantastic - still learning how to breastfeed - and Tara and I are having an otherworldly experience just getting to know that brand new person.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, guys! What a beautiful kid you've got there. I'm sending good thoughts to all three of you.

Katy Brown

Anonymous said...

MY NEPHEW IS SO HANDSOME!!!
I AM PROUD TO BE HIS AUNT!!!
LOVE YOU BOTH!

mark said...

Many congrats to the both of you! Liam is an awesome name. Sure to be an awesome kid.