Thursday, February 21, 2008

Children's Museum








This week is my February break, so I took the opportunity to take Liam to the Bangor Children's Museum with my friend Angie and her kids Eliza and Sammy. Eliza also brought her friend Catherine. It was a great day of fun at the museum. Liam was thrilled to be there with Eliza and Sammy, who he idolizes. He had no trouble leaving my side to wander the museum but would never travel far from the proximity of the his friends. Liam was a huge fan of the giant Lite-Brite that was in one of the sections. He was also really into the example of a 10 foot long earthworm that was/can be(?) found in the Australian Outback.
There was a Charlotte's Web room as evidenced by the picture of Liam and Sammy on Wilbur.

Other highlights include Liam running out of a giant mouth in a room dedicated to the human body. He thought it was a riot to run on the giant tongue.

You will notice some pictures of Liam playing in some flour. It should be noted that I was not intending to let him play in flour. Those pictures are direct evidence of what happens when you are not paying enough attention to your child. I was literally 10 feet away from him but my view was blocked. I happened to be loading up pictures from the museum to send to Angie and I noticed that Liam was being awfully quiet. When I peeked over the counter I saw Liam and a big floury mess! Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shall we say Boys will be boys? What a mess, I bet that was a big job to clean up, but great fun for Liam. My goodness the experiences that child has had! Love being kept up to date. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Loved the flour pictures. Do you think Cate will ever make big messes like that?
Love,
Mrs. P.